Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Barcelona, SocialCar is a peer-to-peer economy initiative that helps to arrange car hire between private individuals, connecting vehicle owners with drivers who want to hire them. SocialCar is the first company of its kind in Spain and it has a growing community of 100,000 users.
Through this web platform, owners can earn extra income each month and drivers can access a wide selection of vehicles at prices below those of the regular market. They also have the convenience of being able to hire a vehicle right where they need it: in their neighbourhood, at the airport or in any town or city.
SocialCar is present in more than 600 towns and cities across Spain and is backed by leading investors such as Cabiedes & Partners and RACC automobile club. Our team is committed and passionate about what they do, and works day in, day out to help create a more sustainable environment.
This initiative to encourage smart transport and reduce CO2 emissions has led us to win awards such as the Smart City Award. As well as this, we also consider the social aspect to be a cornerstone of our work, and we collaborate with charitable organisations, build interpersonal relationships, support the domestic economy and make it easier for society to share resources in a more rational and efficient manner.
As a developer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling everything related to our front-end JS. You’ll work on creating a powerful client side application to enhance our current product using cutting edge techniques.
We would like to hire the best people to work with us in our Barcelona’s office. This is a full time position with us.
Skills & Requirements
We expect to see:
- Strong experience with OOP
- Up-to-date, in depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and JS
- A willingness to learn and an interest in keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Experience using distributed control version softwares like Git
- Open source code you're proud of
- Experience with JS frameworks (Angular.js, React, ...)
- Experience working with RESTful JSON Web Services
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban in working environments
- Proactive, self-motivated professional who takes pride in his/her work
- Degree in Software Engineering or similar
- CSS ecosystem and tooling, eg, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.
- What we offer
- Excellent location (downtown Barcelona)
- Top-notch laptops
- We will ensure you feel well remunerated and proud to be part of our tribe
- You will join one of the most exciting environments in a highly motivated team, where everyone is developing themselves to higher levels of professionally
- 25 days of holidays
- Half-day Fridays
Salary range: 35,000 to 40,000€ per year
Note that eligibility to work within the EU is mandatory to apply.