Who we are
At Badi, we make city living affordable for everyone by unlocking available rooms inside crowded cities. How? With the most usable marketplace that intelligently matches verified profiles without intermediaries.
Create a product that people love;
Reshape the Real Estate Market;
Apply New Technologies;
Our 3 rules:
Make it mobile;
Emphasize User Experience;
Enable self-service solutions.
In Badi, we design awesome and beautiful experiences and we are looking for the next Jony Ive, a creative genius. As the Vice President of Design, you will lead the design efforts to own and drive the overall cohesive vision for product, design and brand alike. This includes visual and interactive design, design language system, brand creative development, video production and content.
You inspire excellence in craft and are a catalyst for strategic thinking. As an advocate for our team, you ensure that the value and function of user-centered design are appreciated and embraced throughout the entire organization. Your team raises the design aptitude of the company.
- Clearly set and articulate a vision for the design team that informs the strategic direction of our digital products.
- Inform and shape design strategy and quality bar through a deep understanding of our audiences.
- Communicate and evangelize the strategies and tactics to move towards being a design-led organization.
- Translate vision into action through exceptional communication and people management skills.
- Cultivate strong partnerships across Technology, Product, Brand and Customer Experience departments.
- Build relationships with the marketing creative team and own the intersection of design functions.
- Play a central role in recruiting, mentoring, developing and retaining design talent.
- Strengthen influence and respect as the face of Design within the organization and collaborate with stakeholders to align vision with org strategy.
- Evangelize our team’s impact within the design, technology and travecommunities.
- 10+ years overall experience in digital design; at least 5 years of experience developing and leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in the fundamentals and methods of digital design and user experience.
- Portfolio of world class work you have driven as a creative leader is a must.
- Familiarity with video production and brand creative design these disciplines is highly desired.
- Proven ability to bring products to market and improve through both iteration and innovation.
- Experience with 360 campaigns and creative that raises brand affinity through consistent, cohesive level of craft.
- Established track record of mentoring and managing teams through a rapidly changing consumer landscape.
- Demonstrated fluency in using design principles to drive decision making and cohesive user experiences.
- Digital consumer experience design is a must. eCommerce or Marketplace experience design is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Free gym-for-less membership.
- Fresh fruit and coffee.
- Cozy offices in a fantastic location at the 22@ district of sunny Barcelona, a top floor with a fantastic terrace with views to all the city and the Med.
- Choose your own hardware: you will get a brand new laptop (Macbook Pro / Air) or desktop computer of your choice.
- An enthusiastic and passionate young team that is building something great!