We bring image buyers directly into smartphones with matching images.
We change mobiles into mini shutterstock activable on-demand.
Our A.I powered mobile App alerts users when images they shot match can be sold.
Companies create their own image stocks in seconds with exclusive images
is a Barcelona start-up, accelerated and TechCrunch pitch winner. We are making image selling as easy as image making : our mobile App use on-device image recognition to alert you whenever an image of your smartphone can be sold, disrupting traditional image stock industry. Our team gather top level engineers, World Press winner Photographer ( ), A .I experts ( & ), Lead developer () and a Growth hacker ().
We have just closed a Seed Round, and are recruiting a React Native developer for our Mobile App.
The image stock market is currently worth $3 Billion and is expected to grow by 30% to $4 Billion by 2020. Only 0.3% of images shot worldwide are on sale in image stocks.
Our vision is to disrupt this market and make the 3B unpublished images shot on smartphones everyday across the globe accessible in 1 click. Using on-device A.I., the Draagu mobile App generates tags to describe images and establishes matches with clients’ searches while user’s private images remain invisible in the phone.
Key advantages of our model:
- Seamless: no more image editing and uploading needed to sell
- We need to store only 1% of the images we can sell
- Faster growth: each user gives us access to 20x more images than our competitors
- Direct reach: clients can engage with users besides buying their images
- Internal use: companies can retrieve images shot by their employees worldwide, at no cost
- 5 millions images made accessible in only 6 months, and Android users only for now
- 17K downloads from 50 countries with user acquisition cost under 0,4€
- A download > sign-in conversion of 75%. 40% of users send images when having matches
- NUMA accelerated; TechCrunch pitch winner @WMC2017; among top 6 startup to participate to the Google A.I entrepreneur workshop in Zurich in March 2018
We offer you the opportunity of joining Draagu, develop yourself and your skills inside the company as the project grows and work with the latest and most modern technologies like AWS, Image recognition, Artificial Intelligence on-device, data management
- Migrating from our current native android to a react-native app, managing IOS and Android App version, with our Lead developer, expert in react Native.
- Participating in the weekly sprint meeting & retrospectives.
- Teaming with our A.I specialist to allow the mobile App to trigger Image Recognition module on a recurrent base through a background task and send data to the backend
- Working with the most modern technologies in Cloud services with Amazon AWS.
- Working hand to hand with the backend team to improve the API performance, and with the designer - CPO to match user’s needs.
- Using your drive and entrepreneurial mindset, you need to get prototypes/new releases out very fast
- Research, evaluate, and propose cutting edge, resourceful technologies that can solve business problems quickly and economically, with great User Experience research and implementation
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals
A unique opportunity to become part of the technical team of Draagu and build the company’s growth strategy together.
Onboard a company that offers a disruptive new model in a fast growing industry, with B2C and marketplace challenges on the image-taker side, and B2B issues on the image-buyer side.
You will have the chance to grow your skills on a fast growing technology, React Native, dealing with important Tech Challenge : A.I/Image Recognition on device and big data management. We look forward to entrepreneurial mindsets with a desire to take initiative. Additionally, you will be working in downtown sunny Barcelona, Spain!
This is a key position for Draagu’s development and is therefore compensated appropriately:
- Competitive salary
- Share options plan is an option to reward you for the impact you will have
- Entrepreneur atmosphere, benefiting from NUMA acceleration program on Q1 2018, including extensive trainings and workshops by highly experienced professionals
- What you will find at Draagu: a highly international, English-speaking environment; a laid-back culture where everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute; a user-centric company where product and technology work together to build the best service
For this reason, having previous experience coding with React Native is a clear asset to speed up the learning curve; Knowing React and/or JS is a minimum
- What you could be useful on :
- Backend, built in PHP with mysql for relational databases and mongodb. Third party integrations with and GCM. (CAKEPHP, Composer, PHPUnit)
- WEBAPP: Is currently built with NODEJS and angularJS and deployed into Amazon S3 and Cloudfront.
- We would appreciate:
- Passion for well written, documented and tested code.
- AWS Services previous experience
- Experience or knowledge about the new react-native design paradigm (reducers, actions and persistent storage).
- Previous experience with NODEJS & Testing with Mocha, Jest, Karma, Protractor, etc.
- Demonstrated interest for A.I, Image Recognition or photography
- You have a strong sense of initiative/entrepreneur mindset, having started projects on your own, worked closely with co-founders or co-founded a project, association or company before
- You are happy to work with product designers and being proactive about UI solutions that fit UX and follow the best usability
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written); Speaking Spanish or French would be a plus
- You are passionate and motivated about what you do and why you do it. You like photography, are a passionate photographer: my god, this is just perfect !
Technical questions :
Business questions :
Let’s meet: calle Mallorca 103, Barcelona
Download App (Android only) :
Video web platform:
Video App mobile :