mVenturesBcn (“BMV”), a subsidiary of Barcelona Mobile World Capital (“BMWC”) and NUMA (the “Partners”) are partnering in the development and operations of a growth platform (“NUMA Barcelona”) turning each year to ten (10) ambitious start-ups with market validation into fast growing companies.
As entrepreneurs, we know success ultimately comes from a clear and thoughtful execution plan that aligns with founders’ vision. Over 4-months, the team and associated mentors stress accelerated start-ups’ execution plan in order to make them ready to raise venture capital.
Start-ups benefit from the advice of a dedicated team of entrepreneurs and experts in residence (working on subjects ranging from go-to-market, execution roadmap strategy and funding strategy) and of external entrepreneurs who have founded fast growing companies.
The end of the program is focused on preparing start-ups to an institutional round, including qualified introductions to leading European Venture-Capital Funds following a demo-day at 4YFN.
In exchange for the program, NUMA Barcelona takes a 5% equity stake in all participating start-ups. Start-ups receive 36.000€ by way of a convertible note to fund investments to be made during the program and to facilitate their relocation to Barcelona. NUMA Barcelona manages a micro venture fund (1.5m€) to selectively re-invest in some start-ups.
- Marketing strategy
- Set-up clear objectives for NUMA’s marketing strategy in Spain
- Direct the development and execution of NUMA’s marketing plan in Spain whether through PR, social medias, events, or corporate marketing tools (website, newsletter) to ensure the success of NUMA marketing objectives and a high level of engagement with its audiences (corporates and strat-ups)
- Decline and adapt locally NUMA’s global brand strategy (message / brand / resources)
- Define and execute the Go-to-Market plan, with a clear focus on NUMA’s corporate purpose on all channels (digital, social media, physical, CRM…)
- PR & Media. Set up and lead a PR Strategy, coordinate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Social media and corporate communication. Manage NUMA’s presence on social media (twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook…)
- Social events and community engagement:
- Define a community engagement plan around social events that resonates with NUMA Barcelona brand and positioning;
- Plan and coordinate the execution of the events identified in the community engagement plan: defining adequate resources, managing logistics, operations, schedules, vendor coordination, scheduling and registrations;
- Market those events to the targeted audiences;
- Ensure adequate coordination with mVentures on the community engagement plan.
- Scouting events
- Assist the team working on the dealflow in finding the right events to be attended to as Speaker or to identify relevant start-ups;
- Planning, task management, vendor coordination, event updates, communications and scheduling.
- Define with the help of the Managing Director a budget for NUMA Spain’s marketing, communication and event strategy
- Manage NUMA Spain’s marketing, communication and event budget
The candidate must have
- 3 to 5 years of working experience
- Have prior experience in the eventing industry
- Strong experience managing social networks for other brands and be able to continuously look for new solutions
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiar with the innovation market
- Understand the DNA of NUMA’s brand and be passionate about the company’s focus on global systemic problems,
- Be flexible, able to work in a fast-moving environment and manage multiple projects at a time
- Fluent in English
This person reports to the Managing Director.
Terms of the contract
Main location is central Barcelona, Spain;
Traveling as needed to support NUMA Barcelona’s international marketing plan and to build partnerships for the start-ups program.
€35k - €45k