Who we are
At Badi, we make city living affordable for everyone by unlocking available rooms inside crowded cities. How? With the most usable marketplace that intelligently matches verified profiles without intermediaries.
Create a product that people love;
Reshape the Real Estate Market;
Apply New Technologies;
Our 3 rules:
Make it mobile;
Emphasize User Experience;
Enable self-service solutions.
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer with more than 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails who is willing to join a passionate team with the goal of reshaping the real estate market worldwide!
If you are up for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment where agile execution and resiliency are of great importance, then this is the job for you.
- Write high quality code to ship new features in our core API written in Ruby on Rails (RoR);
- Implement and test new features in our core API;
- Refactor the existing code of our core API to improve performance and scalability;
- Take part in the design and development of new back-end projects that might require learning new tech skills and programming languages (e.g. Elixir & Go).
The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails development and:
- A technical University degree (e.g. BSc in computer science) or equivalent professional experience;
- A deep knowledge of OOP, best practices and design patterns in Ruby and RoR;
- A solid experience in writing RESTful APIs;
- Prior experience with AGILE software development;
- Knowledge of continuous delivery environments and experience in automated testing;
- A strong drive to continuously learn new technical skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, positive and optimistic attitude, ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Professional proficiency in English (Spanish and Catalan are a plus, but not required).
- Experience in building high performance systems;
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar technologies;
- Knowledge of docker and dockerized environments;
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or GCP).
We will <3 you even more if:
- You contribute actively to the open source community;
- You organize or promote local meetups and coding events and you are involved with the local community of developers.
Does it look like the job for you? What are you waiting for? Impress us by participating to our coding challenge!
What we offer
- Competitive salary in accordance to the candidate’s skills and experience;
- Cozy offices in a fantastic location at the 22@ district of sunny Barcelona, a top floor with a fantastic terrace with views to all the city and the Med;
- Choose your own hardware: you will get a laptop (Macbook Pro) or desktop computer of your choice;
- Free gym membership;
- Unlimited coffee & fresh fruit;
- An enthusiastic and passionate young team that is building something great!
€30k - €45k