As an hotel management intern, you will be working in Barcelona226, our small "hotel" which has 12 rooms and 26 apartments. Barcelona226 has a team of 8-10 people, including 3 managers.
What should you expect?
- Reservations and booking management
- Preparing, serving and clearing after breakfast
- Opening and closing the hotel reception
- Calling and e-mailing with guests for a variety of reasons, to introduce yourself and build relationship, up sell, get arrival information etc.
- Doing check-ins and check-outs, as well as handling customer requests and questions during their stay
- Coordinating the maintenance and cleaning teams to ensure things are fixed on time and apartments cleaned at the right times
- Selling tickets, experiences, restaurant visits, etc. to our guests
- Preparing apartments for our guests, based on the information we have gathered on them
- Handling different smaller errands for the back and front office.
And these are the extra responsibilities which you will be given while working with us:
- Being Sales responsible, and therefore tracking and finding ways for the team to improve
- Being Cleaning and Maintenance responsible, being on top of the cleaning and maintenance responsible, ensuring we have a quick turnover rate for reported maintenance issues and that all apartments are cleaned to a high standard and on time.
- Being U-nique Check-in responsible, ensuring that all our guests receive the same high service and unique check in experience personalised for them, and that we keep improving and get even better.
- Being Reviews responsible, making sure the team is actively asking for reviews from our guests, tracking and analysing reviews and finding improvement points.
- And more.
What do we expect?
- Work weeks are 40 hours spread over 5 days, under normal circumstances. This might be changed under special occasions, but then you will recover the time later. The average will always be 5 days and 40 hours a week.
- You work all 7 days a week, which days you have off will vary every week and they will not necessarily be two days in a row. Working hours will normally be from either 08-16, 10-18 or 13-21, but will also change every now and then.
What do we offer?
- Fun and family-like working atmosphere
- Lots of responsibilities and possibility of puting your ideas into practice
- You will earn 2 holidays per month you work with us (besides your weekly days off)
- All official bank holidays
- Mobile data allowance
- You are guaranteed 300€/ month*. An intern earns money on sales and late fees throughout the month. If these two variables plus the fixed salary (of 150€ for the first 4 months, then increasing by 50€ per month till it reaches 450€ after the 10th month) does not exceed 300€ for a full month, the company pays the remaining amount up until 300€**
*This does not count in the first or last month of the internship, if an internship is started or completed half way through a month, and the last salary ends on an odd amount of less than 150€, then the guarantee will not be in effect.
**This also does not count in case the intern refuses to do a late check in during the month.