The General Manager is one of the most critical and demanding positions Badi has to offer; it requires a unique combination of past experience, skill and hustle. As the leader of Badi in the region, the GM is responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business and people.
The core of Badi is in our cities: that’s why we highly value local teams & management. The qualities and capabilities required of an Badi GM mean that you must be an incredibly intelligent, talented, and highly sought-after individual.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong, analytical marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Badi brand in a relevant and thoughtful way in a market. As the GM, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving our quality throughout the Lister’s and Seeker’s experience, customer support, local marketing and supply chain management.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialized teams, and can bridge the gap with local and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering tailored messages is crucial.
It’s the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Badi GM an incredibly difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of smart and passionate people in building the Badi business in Paris.
- Set mission and strategy and oversee the results-driven execution in your market.
- Build the business from the ground up, initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeting both Listers and Seekers.
- Promote local activities to become part of the industry standard in the market - delivering on our mission and improving the ways cities work. This includes:
- Managing local regulatory concerns and local politics in partnership.
- Collaborating with our HQ Marketing team to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns.
- Managing acquisition and quality of supply.
- Representing Badi at local events and with local PR
- Communicating product/process needs to HQ and work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Working with peer GMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Working in partnership with BI to analyze market data KPIs
- Creating strategic partnerships and alliances for your markets
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems. As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is in our DNA.
- Continue to grow and build upon today to drive a sustainable business for tomorrow.
- Conduct extensive research of the local users, monitor trends and competitor’s activities to identify opportunities of growth.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience; Experience leading large teams preferred.
- Previous experience in a fast-growing tech startup, ideally in the local city.
- Business Proficiency in English and French.
- A data-driven mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Hustler mentality - ability to get things done and effective at multitasking
- Relevant experience in consumer marketing preferred
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- An entrepreneurial DNA
- Master’s degree, MBA or other relevant field, preferred but not required
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high-performing teams
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and uncertainty with humility and resilience
- A passion for Badi and growing the brand
What do we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Co-working chosen by yourself according to business needs and personal preferences.
- The opportunity to start building the Paris team from scratch.
- An enthusiastic and passionate young team supporting you remotely that is building something great!