The Collider is the Venture Builder programme of Mobile World Capital Barcelona that addresses the challenge of transforming scientific knowledge into technological solutions. In this pioneering programme we connect the results of scientific research with the entrepreneurial initiative in order to create highly innovative technological startups.
In a nutshell...
We are looking for experienced CEOs/ Entrepreneurs in Residence (m/f) for startups created during The Collider’s 2nd edition. As the Entrepreneur in Residence you will help to set up operations, build the team, and scale up to win new markets. You will have a chance to shape the company from an early stage quickly expand internationally. At the same time, you will be given guidance by our talented and highly motivated mentors and entrepreneurship experts.
Who are we looking for:
• Senior entrepreneurs (5-10 years) eager to tackle a new project with outstanding organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills
• Several years of experience in business development and team leadership
• High degree of comfort with analytics, numbers and capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
• Interest in the deep tech (AI, IOT, Blockchain, VR, AR)
• Prepared to commit yourself to our programme as a Co-Founder and CEO
• (Optional) Outstanding degree/MBA from a top university in a business related or quantitative field
• Experience in fundraising with established network with BA and VCs.
Relevant experience and mindset:
• Creative and hands-on professional
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Interested in working in international environment.
• Being a co-founder of a new disruptive IP technology startup, backed up by a reputable research center or University
• Securing funds to develop the MVP of the project
• Elegible for a seed capital investment from mVentures
• Working space at Pier01 - Palau de Mar - Barcelona
• Access to an extensive community of experts, mentors and industrial partners
• Follow up with second investment rounds
• Exposition opportunities at 4YFN and Mobile World Congress